Thursday, February 19, 2009

Update!

Things are going swimmingly here. I feel like a million bucks. This birth and recovery have been so much easier than my experience having Anna. Of course, the Percocet is still free-flowing, but I'm just insanely happy with how we're all doing this time around.

Jack is a great, adorable baby. We're working at the breastfeeding. He lost a little ground today because he was circumcised last night (woe is me...I hated having to do that to him) and apparently, that can thwart breastfeeding the following day. We're really just getting to know one another in these days at the hospital and it's really lovely. I feel enormous guilt that I wasn't fully-functioning like this when I had Anna because now I understand what a special time this can be.

Anna came to the hospital and met her baby brother yesterday. She handled it well. I know that things will be a little shaky once we come home with him, but the initial introduction went well, so I can't complain.

No new pictures to share yet. We need to get the camera out tomorrow and start snapping.

Thanks for all of the well wishes, positive thoughts and prayers. It means the world to us.

No comments: