This is me and Kevin's 12th Valentine's Day together and this one probably goes down in the books as the strangest, just because we're sitting around waiting for this baby to do something (or, to not do anything). It's all very surreal and odd but I can say that my little family is handling it wonderfully. I've been wearing pajamas exclusively for the past 3 or so days. I shower every day, wash my hair, blow it dry and style it (in the chance that we have to drop everything and run to the hospital) then put on a clean pair of jammies in place of the old ones. This is actually great because the idea of putting on "real" clothes right now doesn't appeal to me in the least. I'm SO over my maternity clothes and can't wait to ditch them very soon after the baby is born.
We just watched Sixteen Candles, which, in hindsight, probably wasn't the best movie for a toddler to watch but it gave Kevin and I a good chuckle, so that was nice ("Automobile?"). Anna briefly had pants on at some point today, but she's been pantless for most of the afternoon. These past few days have not been unlike our Hurricane Ike experience except that we, thankfully, have electricity and are in no immediate danger.
So, the wait continues.
1 comment:
Thus, the reason I think you ought to name him, "Ike"! ;-)
Post a Comment