I had a doctor's appointment today. As it stands, we've scheduled a c-section for Feb. 18. Well, today was my strep B test, wherein the doctor puts an extra long q-tip in a couple of choice orifices (both belonging to me) to test for the strep B germ, so that they can treat you for that before giving birth so as not to pass it along to the baby. I wasn't due to have an internal exam at this appointment, but figured, ya know...since I was already pants-off, why not go for the gold and see if all of this pressure down below was doing anything. Turns out, yep, there's some stuff going on down there. I'm currently 3 cm dilated; 80% effaced and Brother is in station -1. You can look all that up online, if you're that interested in the current state of my nether-regions but basically it just means that there's some progress going on and there's a chance that I could go into labor on my own, before our Feb. 18 appointment. Or, it's also very possible that I could just hang out in this position until then (I was in a similar position, dilation and effacement-wise with Anna for a couple of weeks prior to my induction).
Now I'm beginning to think that it might not be such a bad thing to go ahead and start accumulating some of the things for my hospital bag. God love him, but I'm just not sure that I want to rely completely on Kevin to have to pack my bag in the off-chance that I go into labor early and we have to rush off to the hospital. Jenny is nothing if not high-maintenance and I have a whole collection of stuff that I want to have with me at the hospital. What are the odds that Kevin knows the difference between lemon butter cuticle cream and under eye moisturizer?
So, that's where we are. That's what we're doing. We'll keep you posted. But seriously, don't get all excited just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment