Monday, February 09, 2009

Latest Pregnancy Issues

Wow, you just keep coming back for more, don't ya? You know you like it.

We're about 9 days out from the "big day". I'm honestly unsure if we'll make it to Feb. 18 without me going into labor on my own. My body seems to be raring to get this show on the road--I guess it just depends on how long my body intends to make this pre-labor thing last.

A couple of nights ago, I awoke in the middle of the night having just dreamed that I was having the baby (and, at this stage in the game, I'm waking up about every 2-3 hours to pee and then re-position. My current laundry list of sleeping position-options are as follows: Laying on my left side or laying on my right side. The end). I realized that I was experiencing period-like cramps. Nothing severe, just a dull ache in my belly. I hauled myself out of bed to pee and that seemed to alleviate the cramping. I laid in bed for awhile afterward, debating waking up Kevin and eventually fell back asleep on my own.

The cramping happened again last night, but this time the cramps were just annoying enough to prevent me from going right back to sleep. Again, I debated waking Kevin up but the cramps just didn't seem eventful enough to warrant waking him up. And, they didn't come and go--like I couldn't have "timed them" because it was just a constant ache. I go to the doctor tomorrow, so rest-assured that I'll talk to her about it.

Also, I think that my hips and other leg joints have started to loosen up, in preparation for birth. I feel very loosey-goosey, like my hips and knees move independently from the rest of my lower half. Nowadays, when I walk, I feel like I look like the old Monty Python skit, "The Ministry of Silly Walks".

2 comments:

Vicki Jamison said...

I just keep thinking that you are soon going to be too busy to be entertaining us...how sad! ;) but good news is only two babies and not 14! hang in there Miss Two Lumps it appears your time is near!

Hattie said...

I had never seen the 'ministry of silly walks' before! Thanks for the laugh!!!! I have a feeling that this little 'man' is going to keep us all wondering what he'll do next...... typical male, but fun! I'm praying for you, Jen, and hope that your body adjusts quickly and smoothly into the transition time. This will soon pass! xoxox Hattie