Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Random thoughts

So, I've just learned recently that typically, in the South, it's called "dressing" and in the North, it's called "stuffing". I've always called my favorite part of Thanksgiving "dressing". I like mine the way that both of my grandmothers make it--moist, gooey and mealy. I think of stuffing as "Stove Top"--more cruton-esque. I like a forkful of dressing with a smidgen of cranberry sauce and a bite of turkey. Yum. Bliss.

I saw a 12 year old girl yesterday at one of our neighborhood parks, working out with her trainer. The trainer had her scaling the monkey bars, walking on the playground curb like a balance beam and running in the field next to the park. When did it come to pass that parents had to hire a trainer to teach their kids how to play at the park?

After dropping the kidlet off at school yesterday, I high-tailed it to Macy's for one of their "early bird, door-buster" sales. There wasn't really anything that I needed, but it never hurts to look, does it? I ended up getting a few things, but the most entertaining aspect was watching people fist fight over super cheap kitchen tools and turkey roasting pans. Also, Macy's had advertised a 6.5 foot, pre-lit Christmas tree on sale for $59.99, provided you arrived there before 1pm (the store opened at 8am). I was there at about 9:30am and the hoards were descending upon the Christmas department to claim a tree. They were told by an employee that the trees were sold out--that people were lined up outside the store at 7am, in order to get in the doors right at 8am to buy a tree. There were some livid people in that store. I really felt for the poor Macy's employees yesterday. By the way, in case you haven't seen it, the Martha Stewart stuff at Macy's is gorgeous. I want. All of it. Pretty please?

1 comment:

Vicki Jamison said...

I need a little giblet gravy with my bite of "cornbread dressing" and cranberry sauce on my chunk of turkey...oh man, I gotta get over this stomach virus....