Thursday, November 20, 2008

Conversations with a toddler at 8am on a Thursday

I just went into Anna's room to get her out of bed. My sinus headache for the morning had just set in, so I was moving slowly with deliberate movements. Here's the dialog between my daughter and I:

Mommy: Good morning, Anna! Are you ready to get out of bed and start our day?

Anna: No, thank you. (which is her new thing and makes the many, many "no's" that I get from her everyday much more bearable and downright cute)

Mommy: Ok, then Mommy is going to sit here in the chair and wait until you're ready to get out of bed (as Jenny slowly sits down, clutching her head at the blood rush from that simple movement)

Anna: Mommy? Are you ok?

Mommy: Yeah, it's just this headache that I can't seem to shake...

Then it dawned upon me that I was totally having a real conversation with my daughter. What a trip.

No comments: