Tuesday, November 04, 2008

It's not you, it's me. Promise.

Dang, people. Nothing like a couple of controversial posts to get people to come out of the woodwork and speak up.

First of all, regarding the "Hipster Baby Names" post:

Do not fret. We will not be naming our son Mangus or Roscoe (although, Kevin might lobby a little for Roscoe, in honor of his beloved Dukes of Hazard). If you know us at all, you know how I feel about "new-fangled" names. Trust that we will name this baby something traditional and normal.

Secondly: My political post from yesterday was a result of having been awakened from a nap twice by automated phone messages from various politicians, (one of which, entirely recorded in Spanish) reminding me to vote. I've been battling these dumb allergies for a month now and generally feel like poo (on a good day). Yesterday, I really needed a little snooze while Anna was napping and those two phone calls did not set well with me. That launched me into a Tazmanian Devil-style tizzy of political rage that has been building with each and every >>>>FWD'd political email; dirty campaign ad; etc. I don't think that I'm alone in this political fatigue and I think that most people are just ready for it all to be over with. The responses that I got from that post just further prove how emotional people feel about this election--which is a good thing! It's refreshing to see people get passionate about their future. Now, stop bitching at me. I'm pregnant and sick, for Pete's sake.

Here's hoping that we can all still be friends.

4 comments:

Vicki Jamison said...

I am imposing a media blackout for the next 24 hours. I have better things to do. My vote is cast (also last week) and the results are now out of my hands.

I am leaning toward the opinion of the white guy that says white people should not be allowed to vote as we can't be trusted.

:)

Happy Election Day! Can't we all just get along....

Vicki Jamison said...

Oh and one more thing...sorry...I have tried very hard to ignore the emails from my well-meaning friends asking me to forward an email (the subject of which is not important here) to counteract the liberal attitudes in this country.

Funny, they are friends with me all the time and they don't see that I'm a social liberal?

All I can say is that I am proud that this country is becoming more "liberal" whatever that means.

If being a liberal means you love "everybody", you don't mind sharing what you have worked for, you want the world to be clean and inhabitable and that you see the world's glass as half-full instead of half-empty then I guess I'm a card-carrying liberal.

Ann Marie said...

Hey, no fair. You get the play the pregnancy card, but what about the rest of us? I need an excuse now too. :)

Vicki said...

Hey...Jenny...I have posted before.
I promise!! I wasn't in the woodwork.
Love you,
Vicki / m-n-l