First and foremost, I voted early last week so there has been no need to call me repeatedly for the last 8 days now to remind me to vote...oh, and the ugly forwarded emails can stop now too. Also, there's no use in telling me who (or who not) to vote for; for calling me an idiot or (my personal favorite) less of an American because I didn't vote the way that you did--what could be more American than citizens with different views having different goals and ideas for our country and expressing those views and goals by voting for parties or politicians whom they feel represent their interests? I made my own, educated decision, based upon my own world view and my personal aspirations for our country--isn't that what exercising your voting right is all about? I feel good about the decision that I made and, contrary to what you might think, it wasn't the "wrong" choice, if I happened to vote differently than you did. It was the choice that I feel represents me and my needs, as a citizen of this country, at this moment. Period.
This is not to say that I might not one day look back and wonder if I made the right decision, but last week, when I voted, it was the right decision at the right time, for me. Sadly, while I do like a lot of what the Presidential candidate that I chose has promised, there are things that I don't agree with. I think that it would be rare to find an informed citizen who agrees 100% with the candidate that they chose, but I digress. I'm not trying to sound holier than thou or elitist because, in the end, I'm guilty of probably voting not entirely for the person who got my vote, but admittedly more so against the other party and what they represent. Being a woman and the mother of a female greatly influenced my vote this election and I'm hopeful that tomorrow will be a new beginning for this downtrodden, damaged country.
To sum up: This is why I don't discuss politics and prefer to keep my political opinions to myself. I'm not self-centered enough to assume that everyone wants to know (or cares) who I'm supporting and would change their mind, based upon the decision that I've made. I'll be glad when it's Wednesday, Nov. 5 and we can all go about our business, live our lives and play with the political hand that was dealt to us, without trying to impose our ideas and opinions on one another. My experience in this election has been that the most vocal and rigid in their opinions tend to be the most ignorant.
Please leave me and my vote out of it. I, personally, can't take it anymore. See ya on the flip side of Nov. 4.
Please leave me and my vote out of it. I, personally, can't take it anymore. See ya on the flip side of Nov. 4.
Respectfully yours,
Me
1 comment:
Amen, sista!
I've noticed that the party that I didn't vote for in very forceful in telling me what I need to do with my life.
Go - my candidate!
Post a Comment