We were really unsure how Halloween would go over this year with Anna. She's not a fan of dressing up so I knew that I had to broach that subject carefully with her. I chose a simple, comfortable costume for her: The classic witch. We found, pretty early on, that if we called the witch hat her "funny hat" Anna responded much better to it (she's really into being funny these days). I made no big deal out of getting her witch dress on her, putting on her Great Pumpkin socks and handing her her broom (which was also a big hit). Then, we informed her that we were going to a party (our neighborhood has a great blockparty every year--it really takes the pressure off of families to trick or treat and gives you something to do besides sit at home and give free candy out to ungrateful, 19 year olds and their 27 year old mothers). The above is a cute video of us as we headed off down our driveway for the party. As you'll see, Anna really embraced her "inner witch" and had a lot of fun.
Our first stop, on the way to the party, was a quick "trick or treat" across the street at our neighbor, Ms. Leslie's house. Anna had never trick or treated before, but she seemed to get it. Ms. Leslie had a cool "spell book" that cackled and talked when she opened it and the candy was hidden inside of the book! She opened it for Anna and Anna promptly chose a Snicker's bar and then said "Thank you!" and put the candy in her pumpkin bucket. A perfectly executed trick or treat! After getting her candy, she played for awhile in Ms. Leslie's yard, amongst the pumpkins, mums and ghosts (oh my).
2 comments:
I especially loved the scene from BEHIND the little 'witch' when her head spun from left to right as a car passed by!!!! I've never seen a pointy hat move as fast as that! It looks as though Miss AC had a fun night. Tell her I'm proud that she's so aware of "cars coming"!!!!! xoxoxo Hattie
What a "cutie pie" and acts a whole lot like her father ....he never wanted to get dressed up for Halloween[or anything else for that matter].
Love you'll
Mom / Vicki
Post a Comment