Friday, November 14, 2008

Behold the gluttony


This is in no way a bossy wish list--merely an explanation of what Anna's currently into to help, in the off-chance that you were contemplating buying her a little goodie for the upcoming Holiday or her birthday.

We've put out a memo, sent an email and might write a letter too (must go buy stamps first--grrr. I haven't physically mailed a letter in months) to Santa Claus to see if Anna could maybe score a toy kitchen for Christmas. She's been a good girl, so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to fill this request. Anyway, she might enjoy some of the accessories that go along with a toy kitchen like pretend food; pots and pans; etc.

Her favorite shows are currently Jack's Big Music Show, Yo Gabba Gabba and Blues Clues. Amazingly, she knows all of the character's names on Yo Gabba Gabba. I seldom watch that show with her because, first of all, it makes me twitch and want to carve my eyeballs out of my head with a melon baller and secondly, it comes on at 4:30pm, followed by Blues Clues at 5pm. That gives Mama an hour of Zen every afternoon because Anna parks it in front of the tv for that hour (such an admirable parenting style. I'll be penning a book soon to share my skillz.) and stays still and quiet for the whole time. This affords me the opportunity to get dinner started, clean up the house, or more commonly, scour the internet for the latest celebrity gossip. As a result of my not being that familiar with Yo Gabba Gabba, I was shocked the other day when I mosied through the living room while it was on and she was shouting the character's names out, during the introduction at the beginning of the show. From what I can tell, Brobee seems to be her favorite but she also likes Muno too.

As always, books are a hit in our home. It's nice now that she can sit still through a little longer, more involved book. Makes reading fun for all of us.

For clothing, she's consistently wearing a 2T these days, but pants can be iffy. Some 2T pants are acres too long and even huge in the waist. She's wearing lots of little leggings now because they are more forgiving size-wise. I would give you her info on shoes, but she's very particular about shoes--and this is an entry (and future psychoanalytical thesis) for another day entirely. She currently will only wear 1 pair of shoes (Stride Rite, size 5.5W) and will allow her Crocs, when applicable. I have a cute pair of black patent leather shoes that I've been hiding for months now, that I have hopes will complete her Holiday outfit, but alas, do not be surprised if you see her in a velvet dress, white tights and hot pink Stride Rite sneakers.

I'll post more ideas as they come to me. Again, this is in no way a plea for stuff. I just thought it would at least be entertaining if not informative, if you wanted to know what is currently bloating Anna's goat.

2 comments:

Vicki Jamison said...

Based on my experience with Aislynn and now Lillie...the shoe issue just becomes more complicated... enjoy!!! LOL!

Vicki said...

Thanks Jenny for the info...I have really been eyeing the cute stuff at Target. We will need to coordinate our purchases.
Love ya,
Vicki [m-n-l]