I'm not one of those moms who think that their child is exceptionally perfect, more intelligent than the next kid at the playground or any cuter than every other Madison, Morgan and McKenzie at Mother's Day Out but, I have to share this and please tell me if I'm wrong.
This is a picture that Anna drew last night, on her
Magnadoodle. It's a person (and I think it might be me):

Just to clarify, you should be able to see the eyes (or at least one of them) the nose, mouth, arms and then the two round-
ish, droopy (!) things on the chest are breasts (yeah, we're all about using correct anatomical vernacular around here). That's the belly button under the breasts, of course. The reason that I think that it might be a picture of me is that, due to breast pumping, Anna has seen way more of my naked (not to mention grossly suctioned) breasts and post-pregnancy, mushy tummy (the likeness to my belly is spot-on in her artist's rendering) than any 2 year old should ever be subjected to.
Now, please feel free to put me right in my place here, but is this not a really exceptional drawing for a 2 year old? Seriously? Or is this about normal? And, you should know that she told me beforehand that she was going to draw a person and this is what she did...it's not like she doodled and then it happened to look sort of like a person.
1 comment:
I have two questions.
1. What is the long line above the head?
2. What is the crease down below?? If that's what I think it is, she's very intelligent.
Post a Comment