I'm feeling so blah these days. As I count down the weeks until Mother's Day Out starts, (four, if you're playing along at home) it still feels like eons away. I think that being stuck inside all day on Tuesday, during the tropical storm, sort of sent me over the edge. Even on days without a tropical storm though, it's too hot; too humid and now, there are too many mosquitoes to do too much outside. I feel like Anna and I end up just tolerating each other until beloved Dada gets home in the evenings. When he gets home, I'm guilty of disappearing for awhile.
Anna had her 18 month checkup yesterday. The pediatrician declared her to be, "tall and skinny". She's not a great eater, so I suppose her favorite diet of lemon slices and ketchup are to blame for that (I guess she read about that diet in People magazine or something). The doctor suggested that we push the peanut butter and cheese on her, in an effort to slip some calorie-dense food into her system.
Brag time: The doctor asked me how many words she says now. I'm not sure, at this point, what we're up to. The last time we counted, it was in the 75-80 range, but that was a few months ago. I estimated that she now can say 100+ words. The doctor was stunned and said that the average is 10 to 20 words for an 18 month old. One thing that she's not really doing is using 2 word sentences. I suppose that's the next verbal milestone to expect. I figure though, when you know 100+ words, why bother with sentences...especially when you can get just what you want by choosing from a huge vocabulary. She's efficient, that's all.
In Bambino Numero Dos news: Still feeling pretty "green around the gills" (Hi Vicki!) at 4pm every day and at bedtime. This is week 11 for me (little fig baby this week) so I'm hoping that, in the coming weeks, this ick will begin to taper off. I'm also fiercely avoiding my maternity clothes. I just refuse to wear those damned elastic panel pants until I *have* to. Luckily, I have enough comfy, loose clothes to sustain me for a little while.
The other night, Kevin and I got ready to go out to dinner. I was trying to think of what to wear, and I was about to opt for my default outfit of one of my Summer linen sundresses. Suddenly it occurred to me that I could wear some "normal" pants and that I SHOULD wear them now because 1. they're white linen (it's August, in case you don't live in Texas and aren't well aware of that fact) and 2. they're not maternity. They fit well and it felt nice not to be resorting to a muu muu (yes, that's how it's spelled--click on the link if you don't believe me). The good news is that it seems like, just in the two years since I was pregnant last, there have been some good upgrades to maternity wear. For example, Ann Taylor Loft now carries maternity and lots of designer jeans now make maternity jeans that look like they'd fit much better than what I had the first time around. While I really don't want to spend $120 on a pair of maternity jeans, if they managed to not sag in my buttacious area and make it look like I always had a wad of something hanging out of my behind, it might be worth it--especially if I sold them later on Ebay or something.
Alright already. To reward you for making it this far into my naval-gazing post, here's a cute picture of Anna and Kevin, taken at Gruene Hall. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment