Thanks to my vulture-like obsession with the marketplace of my mom's group, I procured us a never-been-used, pre-owned potty today. We had been talking about getting one for Anna because she's ever so interested in Mama and Daddy going potty and she's very good at telling us when she is going poo poo. We're hoping that these are signals that she will be a quick learner.
I brought the new potty home and nonchalantly set in down in our living room. Anna immediately went over to it and I told her that it was her potty and that, if she needed to poo poo or tee tee, that was where she could sit. She really enjoyed sitting on the potty while saying, "Poo Poo and Tee Tee!". Later in the day, I moved the potty to our guest bath. I needed to change her diaper anyway, so I took off the old diaper and told her that we were going to sit on the potty and try to go tee tee or poo poo. She got very excited and ran to the bathroom. She sat on the potty several times, with no luck, but she really seems to want to use it. I think that we might be on to something.
1 comment:
It sounds like she is ready. You might want to get a pack of "big girls panties" and get her excited about wearing them. Also a little treat of candy is a nice reward. And a must - a potty song. Come up with your own and when she does your song will become like a cheer. Cheesy - I know - but very effective.
Keep us posted.
When she does get the hang of it, get a second potty and keep it in the back of your car. Trust me!
Post a Comment