Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mother's Day Out

We're enrolling Anna in a two day a week Mother's Day Out program at a local church that begins this Fall. It's something that she and I both REALLY need. Why do I feel so guilty about it? And how will I ever be able to leave her there the first day of school? I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

Anyone have any advice to offer? Am I being a drama queen about this?

2 comments:

Vicki Jamison said...

Probably not the best person to give advice on this subject since I had to leave my daughter when she was 4 weeks old and go back to work and my son after 8 weeks...so I never knew any better.

I would just say be thankful that you have the time with her that you do and remember that you are merely introducing her to the world a little at a time...that's a wonderful thing!

also remember nothing's permanent...if it's not a good fit, you will know it and you can make other decisions.

Be happy little Mama! All things grow, including our children...and it's our job to show them the world while we can still hold them in case something goes wrong...

It's another stage in our lives!

Lillie is actually going to preschool in the fall...I am afraid they aren't ready for her yet!

LOL!
HUGS

Ann Marie said...

Don't feel bad. Don't think of it as "leaving her" but as giving her an opportunity to widen her socialization skills. That really is a valuable thing for children. She will start to learn about sharing and taking turns which will be a good thing in the long run.

Also, by giving her this opportunity, you too will be able to be a better Mom. You need to be able to recharge your batteries so that you can be the best you can be.