Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How you doin'?

A lot of people have been asking me how I've been feeling, now that the word is out that I'm incubating a parasitic embryo (graduating to fetus next week, thankyouverymuch). The truth is, I feel fine. In fact, I was really curious to see what the doctor would say, when I visited her on Monday because, by all accounts, I feel decidedly un-pregnant. Sure, I'm tired in the afternoons, but by about 2pm, I've been chasing an 18 month old around for most of the day, so a little fatigue is to be expected. I also feel very car sick at about 4pm everyday. That could easily be explained away by low blood sugar, due to the time between lunch and dinner or the really awesome 100 degree heat that we've been experiencing.

People are also beginning to notice (and some really classy people like to comment as well--that means you, nasty dude working on the roof next to the farmer's market last week!) on the fact that my boobies have grown a little. I'm up another cup size now...a cup size that Jessica Simpson's dad would love to brag about on national radio programs. Also, my tummy is decidedly pouch-y. I can't suck it in anymore. The funny thing is that the baby is the size of a grape right now, so the only thing that would explain the significant pouch would have to be the 18 lbs of poo that is lodged in my lower intestines (pregnancy=constipation, in case you didn't know).

So, I was a little relieved to see the little peanut with the blinkity-blinky heart on Monday, if for no other reason, so that I wouldn't have to go back and tell our family and friends not to expect a baby in February afterall. Oops. My bad. It's just a poop baby...and it will probably have to be delivered via C-section, at the rate things are going.

In other news, here's what was in our share from the farmer's market today:

  • peaches
  • kiwi
  • cucumber
  • mango (Yuck. Jenny no likey mango, but I plan to throw it into my morning smoothie and hope for the best)
  • an avocado
  • grape tomatoes
  • romaine lettuce
  • red-leaf romaine
I foresee a beautiful salad in our future.

1 comment:

Cheeseballs said...

you need to get a recipe for mango salsa! and grill yo prego-self some chicken. and put the salso on the chicken. if i can make it, i know you can!