First of all, thanks for all of the wise, motherly (and grandmotherly) advice that I received regarding Mother's Day Out. I'm really very excited about it--not only the idea of Anna getting some new experiences under her belt, but also some time for me to have to myself. I've gone 18 months (will have gone nearly 20 months) of being a full-time, stay-at-home-mom with only minimal childcare help, so I suppose I'm about due. It's also very reassuring that Anna's best friend will be in her class at school. It helps me to mentally picture them clinging to one another, as a
familiar ship at sea.
And now, for your weekly Farmer's Market Update:
This week, we received in our share--
- Red potatoes
- a yellow onion
- a nectarine
- an avocado
- a huge, slicer tomato
- spinach
- Romaine lettuce
- *Pattypan squash!
*Every week, there are lots of staples in the share, but then usually one sort of off-the-wall veggie or fruit. Any ideas on what to do with 1
pattypan squash? It's rather large...about the size of a large grapefruit.
2 comments:
how are you possibly going to eat all of that nectarine?
or the size of an orange? ;-)
Post a Comment