Friday, July 11, 2008

Farmer's Market Share: Week of July 9

I know you're impatiently waiting to hear what was in our share this week. Ok, ok, ok. Here it is. Gosh.

  • Red-leaf romaine
  • an avocado
  • nectarines (yum)
  • strawberries
  • Russet potatoes
  • a grapefruit (might slice into that baby today)
Unfortunately, I'm still sitting on the eggplant and the kale from last week. If all else fails, I might roast the eggplant this weekend and make a dip. As for the kale, about the only thing I know to do with that is saute it with some cannellini beans and tomatoes. It's a really good dish, but more of a Winter meal. Maybe I can make it and freeze it?

In other news: We're going swimming this morning at Ramona's house! They have a real, honest-to-God, in-ground pool. I hope Anna and Ramona are best friends forever. Anna often talks to Ramona on the phone (on "her" phone which is usually either my old, out-of-service cell phone or the pocket calculator). Her phone calls go like this:

"Hello?"
(dramatic pause complete with eyes, looking at the ceiling and sometimes hair-twirling)

"Uh huh"
(more dramatic pausing)

"Bye bye"


When you ask her who she's talking to, she'll say, "Mona". Like, "Duh. Of course I'm talking to Ramona". Silly little girl. She's a hoot.

No comments: