Monday, May 18, 2009

One creaky step forward, two shaky steps back

After graduating myself to Level 2 of The Shred last week and not feeling very successful, I decided to go back to Level 1 the following day. I had much better luck just pushing myself to the limit in Level 1. Of course, I fudged a day last week and didn't do The Shred and then took the weekend off (a weekend that included Kevin's famous pancakes, nachos, margaritas and chocolate chip cookies). So, back to Level 1 today and man, my knees KILLED me--and not in the "feel the burn" kind of way...more in a "total surgical knee replacement" kind of way. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not known for my excellently spectacular knees--I've always had problems with them. Even the first round of jumping jacks today on The Shred hurt so bad. I'm pretty frustrated now.

In other news, if you follow my Tweets (the Twitter sidebar) you'll notice that Jack continues to be a superstar sleeper. We're so pleased with him. I think we are going to keep him after all.

Also, we're having some super wonderful weather here this week--unseasonably cool, low humidity and breezy. I'm currently sitting outside listening to my very vocal Mockingbird sing his little heart out. Oh, how I do love my birds.

So, that gets you up to date. I'm hoping to start posting some recipes that I've had good luck with recently, so look for that in the coming days.

No comments: