Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day ? Oh, hell, I don't even know what day it is anymore

...of The Shred.

I graduated myself to Level 2 yesterday. In hindsight, I probably should've stayed on Level 1 and just followed that suck-up, Natalie instead of Anita (Backstory: there are 2 girls who do The Shred with Jillian on the video. Anita is the "easy one" {um, huh} and Natalie is the "challenging one"). I was just getting bored I guess and wanted to try something different.

The good news is that I'm not very sore this morning from doing Level 2. The bad news is that I think I'm not sore because I didn't get a very good workout...because I couldn't do about 75% of the moves in Level 2. It was rough. Most of the workout takes place from a "plank pose" which, if you've ever done yoga, you know very well what a plank pose is. It's hard and works so many muscle groups, that it's really unholy.

Also, since yesterday was my first time doing Level 2, I didn't know what to expect and so I spent much of the 20 min stopping to watch and see what was going on. That's a little frustrating.

Everything else is going well though. I'm eating well, feeling well and am enjoying our shiny, new sleeping-through-the-nighter! Hooray, Jack!

No comments: