Tuesday, September 09, 2008

So sad, so true and yet, so funny

We've had a bit of Hurricane Fatigue around here these days (although I vowed to never use that term after seeing and hearing it all day yesterday on the news). We've had a series of close calls with major storms and I think that most people that I know are just holding out for the next couple of weeks (the peak of hurricane season, if you can imagine it) to pass. The news stations don't make matters any easier, by sensationalizing everything and throwing the masses into widespread panic.

I found this online and, while it is pretty ugly and mean, it is about as accurate a portrayal of our local tv news as any. Hope that you enjoy it--it made me blow coffee out of my nose this morning.*

*Sorry about the computer keyboard, Kevin. I'll clean it up, I promise.




Hurricane Bound For Texas Slowed By Large Land Mass To The South

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

That was hilarious. I knew I'd seen a link the the Onion on your blog but didn't know what it was. I love it. Did you watch the video on the donated kidneys? Thanks for the laugh today!