It's not that I've been too lazy to post, it's that darn, lack of power. In a nutshell, we survived Hurricane Ike. Our house held up beautifully--not a creak or a moan from it, even in the midst of 100+ mph winds. Our power went out late Friday night and hasn't been back since (it's currently Sunday morning--9 days later, if you're keeping score). The cool front that arrived the day after Ike was a blessing, as it made living with open windows and grilling every meal outside very pleasant. The humidity began to creep back in mid-week, so Anna and I took off to get some laundry done and some visiting taken care of with my family. Now, we're visiting Kevin's family and plan to be hobos once we get back to Houston, traveling around to whomever has power and mooching off of them for air conditioning.
So, thank you all for your concern and for diligently checking the blog for updates. Believe me, as soon as we have power and internet restored at home, I'll be blogging with gusto. I have lots to tell you. Lots.
1 comment:
You are welcome to come stay with us. It's probably been a long time since you've been to Victoria. We're gone all day long so you'd have the house to yourself. Not to mention toys for Anna, a swing set, Noggin, and air-conditioning. Really - we'd love to have you. I want you to come stay. Give me a call or shoot me an email.
Post a Comment