Since I've been blathering on about Anna and school, I thought it was about time for a pregnancy update. I'm approaching 16 weeks. 16 weeks! That's 4 months, in case you aren't up to doing the math. I find that it's crazy how quickly it's going already. This pregnancy is a little different from my pregnancy with Anna. For starters, the odd symptoms, but also the fact that we're not hanging on very Babycenter update and evaluating my every pain and twitch. In fact, when people ask when I'm due, I usually can't remember. I honestly don't recall if it's Feb. 27 or 28. The rest of the family seems to feel the same. When I showed the pictures from my latest ultrasound, most people were like, "Oh, ok. That's interesting". Poor second child.
On a brighter note, I'm feeling better. The 4pm "ick" is all but a distant memory. In fact, on most days, I finally look up at the clock at about 5pm and realize that I haven't gagged at all that day. The bedtime "ick" is still a little present, (and by "little present" I mean, I still have a little of it...not that it's like a little, carefully and lovingly wrapped gift) but I'm dealing with it. I'm also not having to get up to pee 45 times a night, which is a very welcome change. In the months leading up to this, I would have serious concerns at 3:30am that the sheer volume of toilet paper in the unflushed toilet (I let it mellow, in case you're wondering) would wreak havoc on our new, shiny sewer system when I finally did flush at about 7am--or approximately 4 pees later that morning. These days, I find that, after my approximate 10:30pm tinkle, I'm golden (pardon the pun) until early morning. It's grand and I fully intend to enjoy it until the third trimester, when things take a turn for the worse.
In Anna news (because I've already devoted way too much space to that "other" kid): Her second day of school didn't go quite as smoothly as the first, according to Mrs. Joan, her teacher. She cried more than on Tuesday and fought her nap. When I went to pick her up, she was chugging a sippy cup that said, "Connor" on it and had strawberries all over her face and arms. I didn't pack strawberries in her lunch, so who knows what kind of anarchy went down in Mrs. Joan's Honeybee class yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment