This picture shows the results of a good night's rest, a hearty bowl of cereal for breakfast, a freshly-scrubbed face and a little Aveda product in the hair. Ready to take on the first day of school.
Anna's first day of school went well. She immediately began playing with toys when we got to her classroom. This afforded me the opportunity to make a hasty, undetected escape. I left the classroom, shut the door behind me and promptly burst into tears. Luckily, I wasn't the only one crying. There were several 3 years olds in tears as well.
When I went to pick her up, she was clearly exhausted from a full day. I was concerned that she'd get emotional when she saw me (which, in turn, would make me lose it again) but she just looked up at me and said, "Go?"--like, "can we please go now?". I did feel good because she blew kisses to her teachers and to the other kids in her class. I suppose she felt compelled to bid them all a fond adieu and let them know how much she enjoyed her time with them. Too bad she won't ever see them again. At least not until Thursday. Poor Anna--she has no idea what she's in for.
No comments:
Post a Comment