Friday, September 12, 2008

The calm before Ike





So far, we're totally fine. It's not raining yet and it's only moderately breezy. We have tons of food, tons of water (both drinking and other), flashlights, batteries, 3 laptops among us, 7 cats in the house and one toddler hopped up on brownies.

I'll try to post throughout the storm, as long as the power stays on. Please wish us the best, but more importantly the people of Galveston. It's a really neat, historic city and I'm afraid that it might not be around after this storm.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

See I told you that you jinxed us. You just had to post that onion news story. Seriously, stay safe. We are at Sandra & Jeff's house in Ft. Worth. We're having a mini-vacation but are glued to the weather channel. Darrell's mom is riding it out in Richmond and I have another friend in League City who is bunkered down. If you feel like being a Catholic for a while, petition St. Jude, the patron saint of lost causes, to intercede. I prayed to him to save our bayhouse.

Take care!