I'm so beyond excited that my favorite show, Flipping Out on Bravo is back on. You have no idea...You have to watch this show. If you enjoy the other "Flip This/My/House-Property Ladder" -type of shows, this one is so much better.
It's the kind of show that I can watch over and over and over. God, Jeff Lewis? I love him. And I really hate him. But mostly I just love him. He's such a compulsive, micro-managing asshole, that I usually cringe the entire episode, but he's entertaining as all hell to watch from my fluffy sofa, covered in a soft blanket (and usually a cat or two) while my kiddo is in bed. Love it.
Here's an example of the genius which is Jeff Lewis: in a recent episode, he instructed his patient personal assistant, Jenni, to take the two tins of Altoids from his car and transfer all of the mints from one tin, into the other, so that there was only one tin of mints to be reckoned with. The beauty in this is that it took him about 3 minutes to explain to her how he wanted it done. Don't get me wrong: I would never, ever want to work for him or probably even meet him in person, but I laugh more, watching that show, than I do watching most sitcoms and comedy movies these days. You just can't write scripts like that.
I like to think that I was channeling Mr. Lewis recently, regarding our hardwood flooring project. There's a fairly noticeable area where the sealant pooled and left a discoloration as well as some bubbles. Ordinarily, not wanting to rock the boat, and also because I'm so eager to get this stupid job over with and have these yucky men out of my house for good, I would've lived with the spot. Chalked it up to "character", if you will. Because the gentlemen who did the work were rude and disrespectful, I decided to go ahead and practice a little Lewis-ese. Now, the owner of the company is coming out next week to fix the spot himself. While I'm feeling pretty empowered that I spoke up, there's also that part of me who's asking, "Am I just being picky?". Luckily, I was able to Lewis-ize myself yesterday by watching an episode of Flipping Out and realized that Jeff Lewis would've not only made them fix that spot, he probably would've commanded them to do the whole rest of the house for free. I'll just be happy with the small feat that I accomplished. I still think that Jeff would be proud.
No comments:
Post a Comment