Friday, June 20, 2008

See? I told you...

This was posted on the mom's group bulletin board today:

My daughter is about to turn one and I am contemplating the birthday cake scenario. I have tried not to give her any processed sugar to date, but not sure what to do about the cake issue. Does anyone have any opinions about sugar and one year olds? Or any recipes for cakes that are somehow a bit better for them than sheet cake from the grocery store?


Wonder what suggestions Atticus' father would have?

For the love of high fructose corn syrup...let the child eat cake. Besides, very little of it actually even makes it into their mouths anyway.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Oh my - I hope that kid gets to eat a yummy, iced cake and dive in head-first just like Anna Claire did and all other children that came before her. One of the most fun parts of a first birthday is letting the kid try and figure out how to eat the cake.

Kidnap that kid and give him/her a twinkie.