Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Too long for Twitter

Unfortunately, as of late, we can no longer go to the park and let Mama do two brisk laps around the trail BEFORE going to the playground section of said park. Now'days, as soon as we get within sight of the park, my kid starts saying, "I sliiiiide" while doing the sign for slide. So, in order for Mama to get in a decent walk, I have to trick the kid by taking the long way, around the neighborhood, to the park. Somehow though, she still realizes that, once we get to the park, I don't take the most direct route to the playground (I've never taken the direct route, so I'm not even sure how she knows that there's a quicker way to get there). She then proceeds to thrash about in the stroller and tries to wiggle herself out of it whilst screaming, crying and getting generally very punchy and tomato-faced.

I really wish there was a way to reason with a toddler and make her understand that Mama needs to get in some exercise so that she can continue to polish off the rest of the Easter candy and still fit into the skinny jeans.

No comments: