Oh...hi. Are you still here? It's been awhile, hasn't it?
I'm just coming off of a blissful yet productive, 3 days at home alone. Kevin took the kids to visit his parents for a few days last week and I spent my time cleaning out and organizing as many cabinets and closets as I could manage. I Freecycled my head off and even sold something on Craigslist. I also was able to watch 2 movies in 12 hours. Considering that Netflix is currently taking me to the cleaners because, even with my minimum membership plan, it's all I can do to get through one movie every 2 months, I decided to use some of my free time to catch up on my Netflix rentals. I watched "Julie & Julia." and loved it. Meryl Streep portrayed Julia Child so adorably...I hope that she was that cute in real life because I'm smitten with her now, based solely on Streep's portrayal of her. Then, on Friday night, I actually went to the movies with a friend. We saw "It's Complicated." I loved this movie as well. I love Alec Baldwin. I'm about 99.9% sure that he's a completely putrid asshole in real life, but there's just something about him that I like. He cracks me up on 30 Rock and he didn't disappoint in "It's Complicated". He plays a skeevy ex husband in the movie, but I found him to be so endearing...which is hard to pull off: Skeevy, yet endearing. And again, Meryl Streep was awesome.
In other news, a certain little girl in this house is about to turn 3 years old on Friday. This whole month, I've felt overwhelmed with the reality of how old she's getting. Seeing her in panties has gobsmacked me completely. (Creepy, pervert, blog-readers, BE GONE) She's not a baby anymore. She has long, skinny legs and has inherited her father's lack-of-butt, which is very obvious without a bulky diaper. She's insisted over and over again that, for her birthday party, she doesn't want all of her friends there--only her best friend. I'm afraid this means that she's inherited my anti-social(ism? ness?).
The YMCA is still working out well for us. I've become addicted to the "Powerflex" class and really hope that it will snap my body right into shape...and it better, 'cause some of the things that we do in there hurt like an SOB.
Oh, and here's an interesting little thing that happened to me the other night:
A little backstory--
I have an old, chewed up bookmark that I use. The only time I have to read is in bed, at night. Last week sometime, my bookmark got misplaced, undoubtedly somewhere in our sheets/comforter, since I was reading in bed. This is not uncommon and the bookmark typically turns up the next morning, when I'm making the bed. Well, my bookmark never turned up. No biggie. I've been making do without it.
So, the other night, I started a new library book. I was watching tv while I was reading in bed, so there was lots of putting the book down on my chest, while I checked out what was happening on tv, then picking the book back up to begin reading again...lather, rinse, repeat. After I turned off the light and was fumbling around in the covers for the remote, to turn off the tv, I saw something sitting on top of the covers that I didn't recognize. I turned the light back on to get a better look and it was a bookmark. Not my old bookmark, but a different one. On one side was the "Serenity Prayer" and on the opposite side was a quote from St. Francis (who, as far as saints go, has always been my favorite--being the "patron saint of small animals") about angels and how, even though you can't see them and don't always feel them, they're always with you, guiding you. Obviously, this bookmark fell out of my library book and belonged to a past library cardholder, but it sort of struck me and makes me wonder a little....it seems as though this bookmark came into my life, just when I needed it.
The weather here today looks like it's going to be great. Highs in the mid to upper 70's. My favorite flip flops are on my feet, the birds are chirping and I'm sporting some pre, PRE-pregnancy capri pants today (no comments, please on IF it's wise to wear pants from 2006...even though I CAN). Things are good here. How are you?
1 comment:
Hurray for kidless time! I always get so much more accomplished without having my "little helpers" around.
That bookmark story is so cool. It definitely sounds like fate was involved in that one.
Post a Comment