Saturday, January 23, 2010

The 3rd Birthday Festivus

Anna had an action-packed 3rd birthday yesterday! Kevin took the day off from work and the weather here was gorgeous (highs in the mid-70s and sunny!) so we celebrated Anna all day!

First up was lunch at McDonald's then a trip to the Museum of Natural Science, which included a visit to the dinosaurs and the butterfly pavilion.



After a brief cat nap at home, part deux of the festivus began with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's and then finished up at home with gift-opening and some cake (which she picked out herself. I tried to steer her toward the pretty cakes with balloons and butterflies on them, but our girl was dead-set on a football cake. To say that her father was proud would be the understatement of the year).






It was a really fun day! Happy birthday, sweet girl!

2 comments:

Duly Inspired said...

What a wonderful cake! How fun.

Vicki said...

Wow ANNA!! What a fun birthday party. I wish I could have been there to ride that ride.
So...According to your cake, I guess you and your Dad watched both the playoff games on Sunday? Who are you rooting for Super Bowl Sunday?
You are a girl of so many interest….keep it up.
Happy Birthday,
We Love You Very Much
Omi and O’Dad