Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Things Other People Love, But I Just Don't Get

  • Chocolate. Yes, I know. This is not to say that I don't like a good Hersey's bar (no nuts, please) on occasion, but on the whole, I'll pass on the chocolate dessert. Dark chocolate is extra-yuck, in my opinion. The only redeeming qualities that milk chocolate has is it's creamy texture and milky flavor. Dark chocolate effectively does away with those attributes, so I have no use for it.

  • American Idol: I do get a mild kick out of those first audition shows though.

  • Those weird bootie-shoes that were in style this past winter.


p1234567

I understand that fashion doesn't have to be practical, but the whole boot-concept, matched with peep toes? Does not compute, in my book.

  • The Twilight movies* I watched the first movie and laughed out loud several times--and not because it was a comedy. The soundtrack is good though.

  • Those giant bow-headbands for babies. Maybe it's just because my kids were both anti-head decoration of any sort when they were tiny.
http://babyboutiquesales.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/headband_leopard_big.jpg


  • Farmville, Mafia Wars and all of the other useless applications on Facebook.


(Snatched from Kate's blog)


  • Dropping tens of thousands of dollars on a fancy, status-symbol vehicle. Sorry, having graduated from Dave Ramsey's bootcamp, I just can't tolerate that kind of behavior.


*(Twilight disclaimer) I did not read the books, so I know that makes a difference in how I perceived the one movie that I saw. Also, I'm an old lady. The Twilight saga is aimed toward a younger, more hip audience than myself. Please do not come to my house in your skinny jeans** and hipster t-shirts, to vandalize my house.

**I really, really hate skinny jeans too. They're not flattering on anyone. ANYONE. (Especially boys).

http://ny.racked.com/uploads/2007_06_skinny%20jeans-thumb.jpg



3 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah, I don't get the FB games, either. And the hair bows! I refused to put them in Syd's hair despite all of the "What a handsome boy!" comments when she was hairless.

Tobi said...

We think alike!

kaylynrenee said...

Damn. I prefer dark chocolate. I watch American Idol. I just bought some booties on clearance. I'm a Twilight fan (the first movie was terrible). I played both Farmville and Farmtown and even did Mafia Wars for a bit. You've seen my love of London's big bow headbands on FB. Were you writing this blog at me?! I feel so called out! Lol.