Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Day of School

After a l-o-n-g two week break, Anna's Mother's Day Out program started their Fall semester today. The girl pushed back pretty hard on the idea of school today. I had to use M&M's to get her dressed this morning (do as I say people, not as I do). She did embrace the idea of having her picture made this morning though:


And yes, The Lamb "followed her to school today, school today, school today". I figured that having Lambie with her might make it easier.

Her "first day of school" pose, apparently--Ashley, did you teach her this one too?

Another pose of Anna's doing. We are calling this one "The Heisman"

In all honesty, the first day of school is just as hard on me. You see, for the first, oh...10 years or so of my schooling, I threw up the first day of school. Every year. Without fail. So, I understand the feelings of anxiety that come with starting a new year. It's tempting for me to just turn the car around and head home, as she's crying on the drive to school, but I know that I have to let her go and explore her world. Besides, Jack and I need a little peace and quiet around this house every so often.



She'll be home soon, little brother

2 comments:

Jana said...

So cute!!

Hattie said...

Awww.... what a cute dress for the start of a new year! She actually looks excited, and it also pulled at my heartstring to see Jack looking out the window! Hope everything went well!xoxoxo