Friday, September 11, 2009

Awesome Songs Series

Thought I'd abandoned this, didja?

First of all, let me start by saying that Van Morrison is the MAN. He is such a fabulous musician, there are very few of his songs that I don't love. In fact,"Into the Mystic" was almost our first-dance song at our wedding reception (but got booted, at the last minute and replaced with "At Last" {which, in our defense, was a novel idea for a first dance song when we got married, nine years ago. Like we hadn't even heard the song, save for it being included on one of my Pottery Barn CD's. I like to think that we started that trend}).

"Domino" is just a classic jam. It definitely reflects a bluesy, almost zydeco style that is perfection. I love it. I double-dog dare you not to get up and shake your tushie at the 1:28 mark of the song. I'll bet that you can't sit still during this song. I certainly can't.

No comments: