Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pity Party: Please attend if (and only if) you're a glutton for punishment

We had a nice little mini-vacation in Galveston over the weekend. It was a really fun time, but in the words of a wise mom that I know, "taking a vacation with your kids means that you're doing the same shit that you do at home, just in a different place". So true. There are still naps to contend with, bedtimes, snacks, Daddies who continually snore through the 6:30 am wake up calls from infants (but who rarely snore through swift punches to the groin area at 6:30 am {Oopsie daisy! Did I do that? Well, since you're up...}).

Vacation or not, 6:30 is a fine time to start the day

We went through 2 whole cans of sunblock to protect our family's lily-white skin


Then, this week, there's the laundry, unpacking, sweeping up the 50 cubic tons of sand that we brought home and cleaning up the various and sundry cat messes that our pet sitter must not have noticed (man, do I appreciate what an awesome pet sitter I used to be).

As a result, I'm feeling just as tired and drained as I felt before this mini-vacation and desperately need a vacation from my life.

Ok, pity party's over, folks. The cops have been called about the excessive whining. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here. Move along now.

1 comment:

Hattie said...

Well, I think I'm about to embark on the same trip that you've been on. We're headed to New Braunfels this Friday and Saturday night, and I can only 'imagine' what all will go on! I'm excited, but I honestly know that my size 18 body isn't going to float gracefully down the Comal, so I'm sure I'll be the one rubbing sunscreen in, and making sure stuff at the quaint little cottage is readily available when the entourage comes roaring in. I'm already using your great hint about the laundry basket. As of now, I have 3 of them packed up! Thanks for the tip, oh.... and if y'all would like to come and join us, (honestly) we'd be honored! Maybe you could finally get some REST! ;-)