Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Huzzah!

Often, it takes Kevin to point out when Anna has learned a new word. I hear her babbles all day, everyday, so I tend to not notice when she's actually saying a new word. A couple of weeks ago, she started a game where she'd pretend to give Kevin a goldfish cracker (or some other, highly-coveted toddler snack) and then quickly jerk it away from his mouth, as soon as he was about to bite. When this would happen, Kevin would say, "Psych!" (a junior high reference. Used when you trick someone--like you've "psyched someone out")

For a week or so, I've been hearing Anna say "Huzzah!" a lot and wasn't sure what it was about. It made me chuckle though, because it sounds so Renaissance Festival of her. Last weekend, Kevin put two and two together and realized that she's saying a variation of "Psych!"...more like, "I psych!" She loves to "Huzzah" the cats with a lure of goldfish crackers or Cheetos and gets a big kick out of "Huzzah-ing" her daddy as well.

No comments: