I'm not sure how we put it off this long, but we had our first experience with strep throat last week. Anna wasn't herself and was running a pretty high fever on Sunday. Monday, we went to see the pediatrician and she confirmed what I was suspecting--strep throat. When the doctor asked Anna to open her mouth so that she could look at her throat, I could see the fluorescent red color of her throat from across the examining room. Poor girl is one tough nut though because, aside from the fever and some lethargy, you probably wouldn't have known there was anything wrong with her.
![]() |
| The face of strep throat |
After 1 day of rest (and an antibiotic) Anna was back to her old self. To celebrate, we went out to eat at our new favorite neighborhood restaurant. Anna loves their pita bread.
![]() |
| Jack loves that he gets a Sprite all to himself! |
In other news, our beloved Beta fish, Indie is no longer with us. The sight of his empty tank makes us all sad, so we might go and find a new friend this afternoon. Aside from the whole "killing" part, we're exceptional fish owners. We provide our fish with larger than necessary fish tanks (with all of the amenities, including a fish hammock and weekly treats of bloodworms), hours of entertainment and lots of love. I'll post pictures once we've found a new tenant for Casa de Pescado.





1 comment:
Believe it or not, we went 18 years without strep...for my oldest. LOL She got her first case at the end of June this year. Temp hitting 103 up and down for days....antibiotics...crazy polyps on her throat and just feeling like poo. I've had it tons all my life..how we went this long is beyond me!
So glad Anna didn't seem to miserable..poor thing. She must a heck of a pain threshold! xoxo
Post a Comment