That boy of ours, Jack, is such a character. Last night, the kids and I went out in the front yard after dinner. An older couple walking a dog came down our street, approaching our house. I could tell from a distance even, that they weren't the type to be charmed by two cute kids on this particular evening. When the couple got right in front of our house--seemingly ignoring me and the kids, Anna called out to them:
"I like your dog!"
To which the lady, in an unexpectedly warm manner replied, "Why thank you! She's a pretty good dog most of the time". But after she said that, she seemed eager to cut off any opportunity for future, prolonged conversing with a 5 year old and 3 year old.
Then, as the couple quickly continued walking past our yard, Jack called out very, very loudly:
"I LOVE YOU!"
Flustered, the lady turned around, smiled broadly and replied, "Why, I love you too!".
I mean, how could you not?
2 comments:
Too stinking cute! You cut his hair!?!
This lady obviously knows what Bubbe knows - this guy is definitely a hunk o' love!!! XXX
Post a Comment