Friday, February 25, 2011

Go Texan Day!


Or, the one day of the year, otherwise known as, "why does Anna's life suck so much?". Girlfriend wasn't so enthusiastic about the silver cowboy boots that I picked up for her to wear for "Go Texan Day" at school. By damn, I was bound and determined that she would wear them and that I'd get my $10 worth out of them (don't even get me started on the $3 I'm out, due to her unwillingness to wear the thrift store denim vest that I got to complete the ensemble). She wore the boots for about 1 hour this morning before school and whined, cried and moaned about them the entire time.

Poor Pitiful Anna

Luckily, I took her beloved pink sparkly shoes to school for her to change into and then all was right with the world again.

Please note that, in sharp contrast to her fellow classmates, Anna bears no resemblance whatsoever to a cowgirl nor a cowpoke. It wasn't for my lack of trying, people.

Afterward, Jack and I commiserated about his silly sister and her hangups about dressing up, over lunch at Chick-fil-A.


Jack, however, thinks that the silver boots are fabulous and can't wait to wear them for Go Texan Day next year.



4 comments:

Jana said...

I passed my dislike of Go Texan day on to my daughter who declared last night, "I have all the clothes to be a cowgirl, but I'd rather just wear my regular clothes to school tomorrow and be comfortable." Yes, comfort over style...pretty much wraps up my fashion sense.

Hattie said...

Oh..... my, how I've MISSED my dose of annaisms and jackaroni's adventures! It's just what the Dr. ordered, and my heart is FULL of smiles and laughter! THANKS!!! xoxoxo Hattie

Vicki said...

I am pretty sure you can get your $10 worth with these boots. They will look just great on the kitchen table with this year's Blue Bonnets. They will "kind of" match your stainless appliances.
Maybe the vest will cute as a placemat.

Bless you Anna....
Very cute story....
Vicki [mnl]

Duly Inspired said...

Love love love the silver boots! I wish they were in my closet, and of course in my size. ;-)