Monday, February 07, 2011

Anna-ism of the day

This morning, both kids slept late so we were rushing around, trying to eat something, get dressed and out to the door for school in a timely manner. I poured Anna a smoothie and grabbed the first straw that I could find in the drawer. We currently have pink, green and yellow straws. Many mornings, in a feeble attempt to keep any potential meltdowns at bay, I make sure that Anna gets a pink straw in her smoothie. (Because seriously? A yellow or green straw can ruin a girl's day, so it seems) This morning, I was in a manic rush to get us out the door, so I grabbed the first straw I could find (green) and planned to deal with the onslaught when it happened. This is what Anna said, as she sucked down her smoothie out of the green straw.

"You know, sometimes you just get whatever color straw you get and I'm not going to pitch a fit about it".

Indeed.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Kids will shock you, and prove you wrong, EVERY time. Anna sounds like a cutie.