Friday, October 01, 2010

Holding it together

It's probably safe enough now to let you know that, for the past 2 weeks, I've been a single mother. Last week, Kevin had a lot going on with work, so he was only home one night of the week. Then, over the weekend, he had to go on an impromptu business trip to California, which lasted all of this week. As I type this, he's (thankfully) on a flight home.

The past couple of weeks have gone smoothly. When it's just me and the kids, we get it done--early to bathe and early to bed. Even though everything went smoothly, it was still very tiring and frustrating at times. So, with this being my last night of single motherhood, I'm pretty spent--both physically and emotionally.

Just now, as I was bathing the kids, Anna looked up at me and said:

"Mama, why aren't you smiling?"

Me: "I'm just tired"

Anna: "Why are you tired?"

Me: "I'm guess I'm just ready for Daddy to get home"

Anna: "Mama, you really need to try to hold it together"

I think that I've "held it together" rather well, thankyouverymuch.

3 comments:

Jana said...

What a rough week you had! I'm so glad K gets home tonight so that you can get a bit of a break. Being a single parent (thanks to a traveling spouse) is SO hard!

Kate said...

Wow...never saw that comment coming huh? She is so funny!

kaylynrenee said...

Awe, that made me giggle and well up at the same time...