Friday, September 24, 2010

A Visit From The Poop Fairy




This child has now opened a child-proofed bottle of fiber capsules (don't judge) three times without adult assistance.

The first time, it was in the grocery store, the day I was purchasing the bottle of capsules. He was getting fussy and whiny and it was about time to check out. I scrambled for something to give him to keep him busy while I checked out. "Oh, look here, Jack! Take this bottle of medicine (that you surely couldn't open) and shake! shake! shake! it to your little heart's content!" I was busy loading up the conveyor belt with our groceries and I noticed that I wasn't hearing as much shake! shake! shaking coming from the toddler in the cart. I turned around to find that he'd taken the lid off and was struggling to bust through the foil cover on the top of the new bottle.

The second time, he was on our bed and he located the bottle on my nightstand (I can't lie: fiber capsules play a big part in my life). I thought that the first time, (in the grocery store) was a fluke for sure, so I left him to play with the bottle while I put away laundry, only to turn around when I heard "pop" and he'd removed the lid.

The third time, child left unattended, again on our bed, with a full (and tightly-closed) bottle of fiber capsules still on nightstand (you'd think I would've learned by now). I was going about my business, likely putting laundry away in the kids' rooms (laundry also plays a big part in my life. Isn't my life resplendent?) when I noticed that it was very, very quiet in our bedroom. I went in to find Jack on our bed, surrounded by approximately 250 fiber capsules. He was throwing them up in the air like you see in the movies, when people win big in Vegas and dump all of the money on the bed and throw it and roll around in it. After I freaked out a little, I realized that he didn't put any in his mouth. At bedtime though, I noticed a little pile of brown, powdery stuff on my side of the bed. At first, I thought it was sawdust or something, until I realized that it was the contents of a fiber capsule, spread about our bed like a generous sprinkling of magical pixie dust.

*Before anyone flips out and calls CPS on me, all of our medications are located on a high shelf in our bathroom--out of Jack's reach. The bottle of fiber capsules has been relocated as well.

1 comment:

Cammi Klier C.P.B.D said...

hmmmm....I see engineering in his future!

Love, Cammi