Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'Tis the season for...

writer's block, I guess. Thanks to Jana, I can now eek out a blog post and call it a day. Here's my Christmas meme:

Eggnog or hot chocolate? Egg nog...yes, egg nog! Promise Land Dairy makes the best. Preferably the "light" version. Silk's soy version is passable too, if you really want to reign in the calories.

Does Santa wrap the presents or leave them open under the tree? I think that when I was a kid, Santa wrapped some of the gifts (in different paper, which really helped to prove the "Santa is real" theory). I think that at Kevin's house, he didn't wrap the presents. So far, at our house, he hasn't wrapped the gifts, because they've been the big gift (toy kitchen, etc). This year, however, Santa is bringing any and all gifts that are difficult to wrap--because he's super generous like that--so, no wrapping for Santa this year.

Colored lights on a tree or white? White only...but, the older I get, the more I'm warming up to the idea of multi-colored lights on a tree. It makes a tree look so happy.

Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.

When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. I try to get the most play out of my Holiday decor as I can because I usually yank it all down as soon after Christmas as possible.

What is your favorite holiday dish? Hmmmm. Maybe Kevin's mom's cheese ball? (We don't typically do a big Christmas dinner anymore)

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, the kids get to open one gift from us on Christmas Eve--it's always pajamas. Then, they get to open their gifts from their Paw Paw and Granny.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and lots of mismatched ornaments. I love that our tree tells a story. We used to get an ornament every time we traveled. Lately though, our travels aren't too exotic. We also have ornaments that were given to us as wedding gifts as well as ornaments that the kids have been given. I love all of our ornaments.

Snow: Love it or hate it? Love it, as long as I get to stay home and enjoy it.

Can you ice skate? Um...no.

What is your favorite holiday dessert? I'm a pumpkin pie kind of gal.

What is your favorite holiday tradition? I love our Christmas Eve. We spend the day, lounging around the house then make a nice dinner for Paw Paw and Granny. This year, we'll be going to church, then coming home to do some gifts. Christmas Eve is, by far, my favorite day of the year--so calm and relaxed. Christmas Day just feels like a rat race.

Candy canes: yum or yuck? Eh. I could take them or leave them.

Favorite Christmas show? I usually try to watch as many airings of A Christmas Story as possible between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It doesn't feel right to watch it any other day of the year. But, Christmas Vacation is definitely my end-all and be-all, as far as Christmas movies.

1 comment:

Jana said...

I love "A Christmas Story", too and we watch it Christmas Eve as well. But, we also own the DVD which I like to watch at least once a season because it's so much funnier with the curse words in it!