It feels like we're getting back to normal (whatever that is). Amazingly quickly, considering what the past 2 weeks was like.
The weather today is crisp and cool. I just came inside from putting the bird feeders back up that I'd taken down before the storm. I could hear my birds chirping in anticipation of a lovely meal and saw a fat female Mockingbird perched on our lampost with some twigs in her mouth. I suppose all of the storm debris makes for good nest-makings.
Our housekeeper, Marta is coming to clean today for the first time, post-Ike. The house got so filthy during those two weeks without power. As soon as she leaves today, I plan to hike up into our attic and retrieve my box of Fall decor. It's going to look like a freakin' Harvest Wonderland up in this place in a few hours.
A lot of Anna's classmates were back at school for the first time since the storm yesterday. There was lots of crying from the other kids, but Anna was a champ. She will have her school pictures made in a couple of weeks. Can you even imagine? What should she wear? Ideas?
Onto Halloween talk: I'm thinking that she should be a witch for Halloween. She already does the infamous "Hex" on people (have I told you about that?). There was a cute, non-scary witch costume at Target yesterday that I might go back for this week.
I just saw an ad on our local news for the Nutcracker. So. Excited. If I remember correctly, they have a kids-version as well that might be more Anna-friendly.
We find out the sex of Bambino Numero Dos on Oct. 9--that's a little more than a week from now. Any wagers? A lady at the park the other day told me that I was having a boy. Hmmm.
Speaking of the park, it's about time for us to head over there and enjoy this Fall weather! Toodles...
No comments:
Post a Comment