Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Schoolwork

One of my new favorite things that Anna is bringing home from school are these worksheets that have the beginning of a sentence, then she fills in the rest with her own answer and draws a picture at the top, illustrating her sentence. There's so much I love about it: seeing the way that she's spelling words on her own, seeing the way that she chooses to finish the sentence and then the picture is always interesting too.

Here's the one she brought home last week:


I have to say, I am really good at kooking. Sure looks like I'm kooking chicken in this picture, too. This worksheet is a little scary, because there are several different directions she could've gone with that prompt, such as: My mom is really good at...reading celebrity gossip on the Internet. Or my mom is really good at...yelling loudly when my brother and I are arguing in the car. Thankfully, she went the tactful route and did her old mom a "solid" this time.


My girl has quite a sense of punctuality and responsibility when it comes to the library. In fact, for the first few months of school, she refused to even bring her library book home, for fear of forgetting it at home and not returning it on time. I finally convinced her that she could bring it home, we could read it together and that I'd help her remember to return it. She begrudgingly agreed, but she still seems to be incapable of fully enjoying her library book at home, due to the overwhelming sense of urgency in returning it in a timely manner. Oh, that girl. She's mine. She's SO mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your hair, Jen!!! Good work, Anna!! XXX