Nothing like not posting for a month and then coming back only to post a lame picture of your fish, right? We've had so many fun things happen and great things in the works. We had a great Christmas and New Year. We've got two big birthdays coming up (with 3 parties planned to celebrate). We're busy, busy, busy with new interests, like Family Yoga for me and Anna and
Back to the fish picture above. Our fish, Indie, is a fascinating creature! He's cool for a myriad of reasons, but mainly because he's still alive. Not only is he alive though, he's thriving! In the picture above, he's resting on his new Betta Hammock. Yes. A bed for our fish. I saw them at PetsMart the other day and you know that I couldn't walk past that. As predicted, he cowered in the opposite corner of his aquarium from it for the first day or so. Then, he took to hiding under it. Now, on any given time of the day, you might find him resting in it. The idea is that, in the wild, Bettas live in shallow rice fields and are used to resting on the foliage that is near the surface of the water. They enjoy blowing bubbles at the surface (which Indie likes to do in the evenings, after the kids are in bed--while Kevin and I are still up). He knows exactly what time of the day I feed him and he's always waiting for me, tail swishing, excitement building. I seriously love this fish and the kids think he's grand as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment