Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Big Birthday Post

Anna had a great 5th birthday! Where else, but in south Texas, can you plan an outdoor birthday party in late January and everyone can wear summer clothes? 

The newly-5 year old in her custom-made birthday shirt (and ladybug wings because, why not?) 
Me and Anna and the bouncy castle before the party madness began 
The birthday party spread. I took Anna's love for rainbows and ran with that idea. Thanks to Pinterest for the rainbow fruit skewer idea and the rainbow cupcake topper printables. Yes, it looked like a Gay Pride party, but that's okay too. We also had a tray of mini PB&J sandwiches and more grapes--because I don't know a kid who doesn't love grapes.
The patio before the party. It was threatening to rain right before the party, so we didn't put out the food until later. Please note the jars of Skittles on the table. Yes, I methodically separated the Skittles by color and no, it wasn't hard--it was kind of Zen. My life is very simple sometimes.

The saddest-looking bunch of kids ever in the presence of cupcakes. They look like they're being punished by having to eat my homemade cupcakes (with buttercream frosting! Seriously, do you know what's in buttercream frosting? Butter and sugar. This recipe has changed my life. I will never buy the canned stuff again.).




Such a great birthday, filled with much bouncing, lots of sugar and extreme fun!


2 comments:

Jana said...

What a great birthday!

MoodyMoments said...

What a cute party! And Anna's 'YAHOOO!' was adorable!