The whole family came to town this weekend to participate in the 2011 Run to Cure HD (Huntington's Disease) this morning. Everyone had committed to walking the race, but, as I was signing up for it, I realized that I spend an average of 5 days a week at the gym. If that's not enough preparation to run a 5K, then I'm doing something wrong. I kicked my running into high gear at the gym and was pleasantly surprised to find that my efforts had been paying off, because running 5K was totally doable for me.
I did well during the race today--felt energized and strong throughout. My Anna ran a fair amount of the race too, from what I hear. She was back with the walkers but I saw her along the route. I mean, how could you miss her in that bright purpley-pink outfit? She was the cutest 4 year old running the race to be sure.
Now, I'm setting my sights on the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot. I've done that race in the past and there's really nothing like running a race early in the morning on Thanksgiving Day and then promptly negating all those calories burned on one dinner roll.
In case you're interested, these were a few standout tunes in my running playlist that helped propel me toward the finish line.
2 comments:
Jen and Anna: I'm so proud of both of you! Gerald would be so pleased! XXX Bubbe
Good for you!!! And you looked totally awesome in your jogging outfit!
Post a Comment