Friday, August 19, 2011

Summer in the City


...back of my neck getting dirt and gritty, for sure.

This has been the stupidest Summer weather on record here in Texas. It's so hot and dry and miserable that we've had to get reeeeaaaally creative with activities. Here's a photo pictorial of some of the things that we've done:

We practically had the zoo to ourselves this week. I mean, who else is dumb enough to go to the zoo in 110 degree weather? Even the animals of the African Forest were like, "this sucks".

There's been a considerable amount of dress-up play. These are Anna's new butterfly wings. This is a serious contender for Halloween Costume. (I'm not sure about that thing around her waist. That was her doing and I don't understand it's purpose--that's for her to know, apparently)

Feeling optimistic, I bought Anna a new coat. She had to try it on and wear it around the house a little. Her brother had to try his new coat on too. They made me itchy, just watching them.

One morning, they got the idea to nap in our front window. Whatever. It occupied them for about 30 minutes, so that worked for me too.

In other news, there's still no word on Boo. Thank you all for your sweet words and kind thoughts and prayers.




No comments: