Monday, January 24, 2011
Anna's 4th Birthday
Enjoy the pictures from Anna's birthday weekend. This was the first year that we had a "kid" birthday party for Anna. In years past, she'd indicated that she only wanted her best friend at her party, so we happily invited R to Anna's family party and called it a day. This year, however, Anna decided that she wanted a real birthday party. I asked her if she wanted to invite all of the kids in her class at school and she said, "No!". When asked whom she might like to invite then, she ended up naming everyone from her class individually, so I sent out an invitation to every child in her class, thinking that, (surely) not everyone would be able to attend. Wrong-o. All but 2 attended, in addition to Anna's friends who aren't in her class. Fortunately, the weather cooperated, so that we were able to keep the kids outside. Everyone seemed to have a great time and, aside from a couple of dramatic falls from the playstructure, hands run over by the roller coaster and a few bruised egos, everyone seems to have survived unscathed.
I have a whole other blog post that I'm thoughtfully composing in my head about Chuck E. Cheese and the apocalyptic experience that we had there on Anna's birthday. I need to move past some of the trauma from our visit there before I'll be able to write about it though. Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Funny that you mention Chuck E. Cheese as I had to attend a familial birthday party there two Saturdays ago. Not only was the only-beer-available-Budweiser hot and foamy, but I got a terrible chest cold. All those darned screaming little petri dishes running around!!!! harrumph!
Thanks for sharing your pictures!
Happy Birthday to Anna! Seems like yesterday that she and Liam were swimming like little fish in that baby swim class we took...
Post a Comment