Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jack!

There's a whole, long birth story that I've partially written, including every detail of the days leading up to Jack's birth, his birth and then beyond. I've written it more for my sake than for yours. Maybe I'll post it soon, maybe not. In the meantime, I'll include the condensed version here.

After debating back and forth and feeling so guilty about scheduling this boy's birthday, my doctor and I decided to schedule the c-section on February 18, 2009. For a week before he was born, I waddled around, a whopping 5 cm dilated. I figured that he must've been hanging on by his toes like a little tree monkey in there. We prayed every day, "please, just hang on until February 18".

At 12:25 am, on February 18, 2009 (about 5 hours before we were due to be at the hospital for the scheduled c-section) I had just dozed off to sleep when gush--my water broke. He certainly held out until February 18.


Jack Hugh was born at 2:57 am. The delivery was incredible, he sounded like a little kitten "mewing" when he came out. Our time at the hospital was blissfully restful and I got to thoroughly bond with our little man as we watched the sun rise and set from our 27th floor hospital room.

The year has flown by. Jack surprises us every day as we see new peeks of his personality. He's easy going, happy and loves to entertain. He eats like a horse, sleeps decently, (although not the Olympic sleeper that his sister is) loves his bath, his daddy and his hilarious sister.



He's just now beginning to say a few words. He says, "catch!" (when he's got a ball or something else over his head that he's about to throw at you) "Dada," "Mama," "Meow" and I've heard him say "Anna".



Happy birthday, sweet boy! We love you so.

3 comments:

Jana said...

Awww....Happy Birthday to the little guy! I can't believe he's already one!

Fran said...

Happy Birthday to Jack!!

kaylynrenee said...

You have GOT to be kidding!!! 1 year already?!?! How in the hell did that happen?? W.O.W.

Happy 1st Birthday Jack!!