Anna has discovered the universal toddler appeal of the word "why". Now, let me tell you, I'm all for the quest for knowledge. I love when she asks questions about how the world works, why people do the things that they do (who knows?) or why things happen the way that they do--but her latest scheme is to ask "why" just for the sake of talking and (most importantly) as a stall tactic. Here's an example:
Jenny: "Ok, Anna, it's time to sit on the potty"
Anna: "But, why?"
Jenny: "Because you need to try to go to the potty before we leave"
Anna: "But, why?"
Jenny: "Because you might not want to use the potty at the library, so you need to go now"
Anna: "But, why?"
Jenny: "BECAUSE I SAID SO! NOW JUST DO IT!"
Ugh. "Because I said so." Another one of those things that I swore I'd never say.
No comments:
Post a Comment